Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- Friday at 7:30 p.m. Eastern on Fox: Game 3 of “The World Series”.
- Friday on Amazon: “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan”. (Trailer)
- Friday on Apple TV+: “On the Rocks”, . . . Rashida Jones recruits her father to help her tail her husband when she has doubts about her marriage. Bill Murray plays her dad and Marlon Wayans plays her husband. (Trailer)
- Friday on Disney+: The short film “Once Upon a Snowman”, which is about Olaf the snowman from the “Frozen”movies. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: “Over the Moon”, an animated movie about a girl who builds a rocket ship to prove the existence of a moon goddess. The voice cast includes John Cho, Ken Jeong, Sandra Oh, and Phillipa Soo from “Hamilton”. (Trailer)
- Friday on Hulu: “Bad Hair”, a horror satire about a woman who gets a weave in order to succeed in the ’80s music industry but then realizes her hair has a mind of its own. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: “The Queen’s Gambit”, starring Anya Taylor Joy as an orphaned chess prodigy struggling with her rise to fame. (Trailer)
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Chelsea Handler, Bernie Sanders, and The War on Drugs.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Sacha Baron Cohen, Emma Roberts, and Ozuna featuring Doja Cat. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert”– 2020 Campaign Coverage Special.
- “James Corden”– Jeremy Strong and SuperM.
- “Seth Meyers”– Alicia Vikander and Maya Erskine. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh”– Erin Moriarty. (Repeat)
- Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Eastern on Fox: Game 4 of “The World Series”.
- Saturday at 11:00 p.m. on PBS: Rufus Wainwright is on “Austin City Limits”.
- Saturday at 11:30 p.m. on NBC: Adele hosts “Saturday Night Live”, and H.E.R. is the music guest.
- Sunday at 7:00 p.m. Eastern on Fox: Game 5 of “The World Series”.
- Sunday at 8:20 p.m. Eastern on NBC: “Sunday Night Football”. The Las Vegas Raiders host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on ABC: “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”. Firefighter Oliver Fry continues his run and Julie Bowen joins him in competing for charity.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on AMC: “Fear the Walking Dead”, which is followed at 10:00 p.m. by “The Walking Dead: World Beyond”.