Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Albert Einstein wasn’t the only scientist with that name. M.E. Einstein from Purdue University came up with the definitive equations for measuring how a pork carcass decomposes. And Rosemarie Einstein from the University of Leeds ran a study where she concluded that college students don’t like taking surveys.
- The dates 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, and 12/12 all fall on the same day of the week each year. This year, they’re all on a Sunday. Next year, they’ll all be on a Monday.
- Adolf Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939. But the prize ended up not being awarded to anyone, because World War Two broke out. You know, because of Hitler.
- The chemical compounds that cause a “skunk” smell in old beer are the same compounds that actual skunks have in their spray.
- People search for large breasts on PornHub 10 times more than small breasts.
Strange and trending news:
- A guy in Maine was arrested after he stole a Jeep . . . and then kept ramming it into his own truck for some reason. (Full Story)
- Microsoft Word is changing its default font for the first time in almost 15 years and you’ll be able to vote on what they use. It’s sad how exciting I found this. (Full Story)
- A new study ranked the best cities for “digital nomads” . . . those are people who work remotely and travel around to live short-term in different places. (Full Story)
- A woman in Japan was arrested for stalking a police officer who arrested her last year . . . for stalking. (Full Story)
- A woman in Missouri who smuggled a gun into jail inside her lady parts just got 10 years in prison. (Full Story)
- Here’s an actual news headline from CBS 11 in Colorado Springs, quote, “Boulders block road in Boulder Canyon near Boulder according to Boulder County Sheriff’s Office.” (Full Story)
- A guy was caught trying to smuggle 35 live finches into the U.S. by hiding them inside hair curlers strapped to his body. He was flying to New York from Guyana. (Full Story)
- There’s a video of a street in Australia that shows tons of cockatoos taking over the neighborhood . . . and people are comparing it to the Hitchcock movie “The Birds”. (Full Story)
- A woman in Illinois could get up to three years in prison for revenge porn . . . for sharing nude photos that her fiancé’s mistress sent to him. (Full Story)