Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- The first Nintendo game ever developed in Africa was “Donald Duck: Goin’ Quackers” for Nintendo 64. It was created in Morocco.
- There are only three animals that have sex for pleasure and not just to reproduce: Humans, bonobos, and dolphins.
- There was an episode of “Scrubs” in 2002 where Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke’s characters went skydiving . . . and they had stunt doubles do the skydive. So, their stunt doubles met on set that day . . . and wound up getting married.
- The McDonald’s character Grimace was originally evil . . . in 1971 he was called Evil Grimace and his goal was to steal milkshakes. But by 1972 they turned him into a purple monster who’s a good guy and not very bright.
- Based on the average life expectancy in the U.S., if you’re 18 years old, you only have about 3,160 weekends left in your life. If you’re 40, you only have 2,015 left.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is May 4th so it’s National “Star Wars” Day . . . because, you know, “May the 4th be with you” and all that. (Full Story)
- Chipotle is giving out buy one, get one free coupons this week if you can be one of the first people on their app every day to answer “Chipotle IQ” questions. (Full Story)
- Here are the best and worst states for working moms in 2021. (Full Story)
- A nine-year-old kid who went missing at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Saturday was found taking a ride on the baggage conveyer belt. (Full Story)
- The world’s biggest White Castle opened in Florida today. (Full Story)
- A House of Representatives subcommittee hearing was delayed for 22 minutes yesterday when sound from the movie “Galaxy Quest” and some Village People music started playing over the Zoom. (Full Story)
- A 19-year-old guy in Brazil created an OnlyFans account for his mom, who’s been in Brazilian “Playboy”. (Full Story)
- Rome is putting a new arena floor into the Colosseum so tourists can see what it might’ve looked like back when there were gladiator fights. (Full Story)
- A guy in Florida who said he was upset over an argument about a dog barricaded himself in a house and got into a long police standoff. (Full Story)
- A town in Japan that got about $230,000 in Covid relief funds used the money to build a statue of a giant squid. (Full Story)