Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- An octopus doesn’t have eight arms . . . it has six arms and two legs. Two of its tentacles work like legs and help it move while the six arms grab food.
- Coca-Cola’s Dr. Pepper clone has had four name changes since it was introduced: It started as Peppo in 1972, became Dr. Pibb later that year, changed to Mr. Pibb in 1973 after Dr. Pepper sued, and then became Pibb Xtra in 2001.
- It costs you approximately 21 to 29 cents every year to use your turn signals, based on the amount of energy they use and the tiny amount of gas that takes.
- The tallest men in the world are in the Netherlands, with an average height of just over six feet. The shortest are in Indonesia, with an average height of 5-foot-2. (The American average is 5-foot-9-and-a-half.)
- The word “Ye” . . . like in “Ye Olde Shoppe” . . . is actually pronounced “The.” In medieval English, people used a “y” to abbreviate “th.”
Strange and trending news:
- At this point in the pandemic, a new study found two-thirds of dog owners think their dog has a better social life than they do. (Full Story)
- A bottle of wine that spent a year in space on the International Space Station is going up for auction . . . and it might sell for $1 million. (Full Story)
- A 44-year-old guy in New York who’s had 78 children with 13 women says he, quote, “can’t say no.” He just told his story on “The Dr. Oz Show”. (Full Story)
- A guy who was driving in the U.K. swerved to avoid a cat in the road . . . and drove on TOP of a parked car in the process. (Full Story)
- New Jersey is offering people a free beer at a bunch of craft breweries in the state if they show their Covid vaccine card. (Full Story)
- Today is the day that Nevada’s legal brothels can finally reopen after being closed for more than a year. (Full Story)
- The CEO of Zoom admitted in an interview that even HE’S sick of Zoom meetings. (Full Story)
- A woman in Pennsylvania was arrested after she assaulted someone with pool balls, cue sticks, cookie sheets, and a DVD player. (Full Story)
- China launched a rocket into space last week, and it’s flying around the planet out of control. There are small odds it could even CRASH somewhere in the U.S. (Full Story)