Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Jim Carrey had the chance to play Captain Jack Sparrow in “Pirates of the Caribbean” but turned it down because it conflicted with his filming schedule for “Bruce Almighty”.
- The oldest hotel in the world is a hot spring hotel in Japan called Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan. It was founded over 1,300 years ago . . . in 705 A.D.
- Most kangaroos are left-handed.
- There’s a word to describe half a decade, or five years . . . it’s called a lustrum.
- The Beatles mention a walrus in THREE of their songs: “Glass Onion”, “Come Together”, and, of course, “I Am the Walrus”. They sure liked walruses.
Strange and trending news:
- The pandemic may’ve just ended the concept of snow days. New York City public schools just announced they’re getting rid of snow days for good . . . if there’s too much snow for kids to come in, they’ll just switch to remote learning. (Full Story)
- A woman who was waiting to pick up her kid from an elementary school in Arkansas pulled a gun on another parent who confronted her for cutting the line. (Full Story)
- Budweiser just launched a new contest to find a dog to be on their holiday cans. You can send in a picture of your dog if you want them to be in the running. (Full Story)
- Two high school teachers from Virginia were arrested for being drunk in public . . . while they were chaperoning the school’s senior trip. (Full Story)
- A porch pirate was busted in Philadelphia even though he had a pretty good strategy . . . he disguised himself in a real Amazon delivery driver uniform. (Full Story)
- A duck hatched out of the free-range eggs a woman bought from a grocery store in the U.K. (Full Story)
- A woman in Morocco thought she was giving birth to seven babies . . . but it turned out she gave birth to NINE because the ultrasound had missed two of them. (Full Story)
- A bride in India called off her arranged marriage after she got suspicious that her husband didn’t have any education . . . and he couldn’t answer when she quizzed him on naming multiples of two. (Full Story)
- Circle K just launched a new subscription plan where you pay $6-a-month, and you can go get a coffee, tea, slushy, or fountain drink every day. (Full Story)
- A four-year-old kid in New York managed to buy $2,618 worth of SpongeBob SquarePants popsicles on Amazon. (Full Story)
- A guy in Florida says his guns saved his life because his house caught on fire and his guns exploded, which woke him up. (Full Story)
- A man in New Jersey who was arrested for painting a blue line on the street to support the cops with shoplifted paint was just arrested again for posting YouTube videos threatening the cops. (Full Story)
- Peloton is recalling all of its treadmills after one child died in an accident involving the treadmill and dozens of people have been injured. (Full Story)