Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- At depths of 1,000 feet, water pressure can reach about 440 pounds per square inch. Pressure like that would crumple most human lungs immediately upon exposure, resulting in instant death.
- If Brooklyn were its own city and not just a borough of New York, it would be the fourth-largest city in the country.
- “Titanic” was in movie theaters for so long, it became the first movie ever to come out on VHS while it was still being shown in theaters.
- William Howard Taft is the only president who went on to serve on the Supreme Court. He was picked for the court eight years after being president.
- Denny’s isn’t named after anyone. It started as a donut shop called Danny’s Donuts in Lakewood, California . . . and the founders picked “Danny” because it started with a “D,” like donuts. They eventually changed the name to Denny’s because people were confusing it with another chain called Coffee Dan’s . . . and that name stuck.
Strange and trending news:
- Parents of children six years old and under were asked what “non-academic skills” should be taught in early childhood, and the most popular answers were: Financial literacy, like filing taxes and budgeting . . . sewing and knitting . . . and internet safety. (Full Story)
- A woman in Texas has pleaded guilty to stealing a $1 million scratch-off lottery ticket from her cousin. (Full Story)
- A man in Miami was injured by a FALLING IGUANA during an outdoor yoga class. He’ll be okay . . . he said it felt like a sandbag hit him in the face. (Full Story)
- Maybe this explains it: TikTok supposedly has a behind-the-scenes feature, which can make anyone go viral. It’s known internally as “heating.” (Full Story)
- An app called Historical Figures is being criticized for allowing people to “chat” with Hitler and Jesus. (Full Story)
- A bartender in Minnesota found a lost purse, and when she looked inside she found it filled with . . . loose McDonald’s French fries? (Full Story) (WARNING: The video has profanity.)
- Chick-fil-A has been hit with a class action privacy lawsuit for tracking people online and sharing data without permission. (Full Story)