Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- There’s a “habanada” pepper, which tastes exactly like a habanero, but it has no heat. It actually has a Scoville Unit Level of ZERO. And yeah, habaneros DO have a taste beyond just . . . fire.
- Three out of four female passengers on the Titanic survived, which is three times more than the average shipwreck. 17% of the male passengers survived, which is half as many as the average shipwreck.
- Jimmy Carter was the first American president to be born in a hospital, in 1924.
- Only 15 skyscrapers have ever held the title of “world’s tallest building.” The current leader is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, which is 2,717 feet and has been the tallest since it opened in 2010. (It actually broke the “world’s tallest building” record in 2008 while it was STILL BEING BUILT. It was completed in 2009 and officially opened in early 2010.)
- The original idea for YouTube was a video dating website.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Stuffing Day. Thursday is unofficial Stuffing-Eating Day.
- A man in Massachusetts was charged with drunk driving after allegedly parking his truck sideways across two parking spots at a police station. When the cops looked inside it, they found two guys sleeping. (Full Story)
- A convicted felon was arrested in Illinois after he allegedly shot his mother’s boyfriend following a dispute about a SALAD. The victim will be okay . . . and unfortunately there are no specifics on the controversial salad. (Full Story)
- A 40-year-old woman in Montana is facing felony charges after police say she fired a revolver into the front desk of a hotel and threatened to shoot three people. She claimed the hotel gave her towels that were soaked in chloroform . . . and also that she was on meth. Police believe the latter. (Full Story)
- Some thieves were caught on video stealing a catalytic converter in California . . . and they rolled up to the scene in a yellow Lambo. (Full Story)
- BabyCenter says the baby names Elon and Kanye are DECLINING in popularity for some reason. (Full Story)
- 87% of pet owners say you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. (Full Story)