Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- There’s one volcano in the world that doesn’t have red or orange lava. The lava from the Kawah Ijen volcano in Indonesia is BRIGHT BLUE.
- The correct word for a female dude is NOT dudette . . . it’s dudine.
- “Pong” was never supposed to be released . . . a developer at Atari made it during a training exercise. But Atari’s founder liked it so much they decided to take it public.
- Parts of “The Lion King” and “Pocahontas” were animated in North Korea.
- Durex created the first latex condom in the 1920s, the first condom with lubricant in the 1950s, and the first condom company website in 1996.
Strange and trending news:
- Doritos and Cheetos are both launching new extra hot chips this summer and holding a vote on whose are hotter. (Full Story)
- The owner of a pizzeria in Wisconsin was arrested for possession of mushrooms. And yeah, obviously NOT the kind you put on pizza. (Full Story)
- The world’s tallest mallard is going viral. He’s about three-and-a-half feet tall. (Full Story)
- Two Chick-fil-A employees in Alabama were busted stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars by having customers pay for catering orders directly into their bank accounts. (Full Story)
- There are new Converse Chuck Taylors made out of recycled Hawaiian shirts. (Full Story)
- The word “school” was misspelled when crews painted it on the ground to mark a school zone in Orange County, Florida. It’s spelled S-C-O-H-O-L. (Full Story)
- A guy in Wales won a $32,000 sports car on Tuesday night . . . then crashed it less than a day later. (Full Story)
- A news anchor from the FOX station in Las Vegas was arrested last month naked and passed out behind the wheel of her car. She was just sentenced to a $1,000 fine and driving school for a reckless driving charge. (Full Story)
- A burglar in the Czech Republic stole a bunch of stuff from a company, then used one of their garbage trucks as his getaway vehicle. (Full Story)
- The crew on the Ever Given ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal could be stuck on board for YEARS while the owners argue with Egypt over fines. (Full Story)
- A guy in Pennsylvania who was accused of stealing chainsaws was caught last week . . . and the cops found him in his garage surrounded by chainsaws. (Full Story)
- A motorcycle company in Italy just launched a new electric scooter called the Dong. (Full Story)