Charcoal grill sparks early morning fire at south-east side home


FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – A south-east side home suffered moderate damage after a fire early Monday morning.
Fort Wayne Firefighters responded to the reported fire in a residential structure at 4602 Werling Drive around 1:45 a.m.
First arriving firefighters found heavy fire from the rear of the structure and began working to extinguish the blaze. The cause of the fire was accidental and related to a charcoal grill near the back of the house.

No occupants were reported inside the structure when firefighters arrived. All units worked to bring the fire under control in approximately 25 minutes.

Firefighters were assisted by Fort Wayne Police Department, Three Rivers Ambulance Paramedics, Neighborhood Code Enforcement and American Electric Power.